Saturday, June 20, 2015

Candles - Light in times of darkness



I'm fascinated with candles recently... 
Hence, for the past few days, i had the habit to switch off all lights and light up a small candle & watch it burn in the dark!

As I watch the candle burn every night, 
I cherished the moment because it gave me peace watching it burn silently in the dark 

In the process, I learnt a few things:-
"All candles were created for is to bring light into the darkness...
and as it shines the light, it is also slowing melting itself away and eventually dies off"

Then.. i realized..
At times, the way I've lived my life has also been like such!

In everything i do, 
In trying to make others happy, I've hurt myself
In trying to make a difference in other people's life, I've lost myself
In trying to shed a little light for others, i'm burn out and am left with nothing...

But than i thought to myself...
It's okay to self-sacrifice oneself for a good cause..
We are called to be the light of the world anyways...
That will mean, just like these little candles, self-sacrificing IS NECESSARY 

I may not necessarily be there all the time ..
but at least for a little while, i was and will be there to bring a little light into the darkness... 


 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. - Matthew 5:14-16


Therefore,  I will continue shinning, even if it hurts!

Yours Truly,  
~Mellissa Lina Mosses~

No comments:

Post a Comment